At PSD our school community extends beyond the borders of our campus. Our relationships and collaborations with local, regional and national organizations and programs grow annually, for which we are extremely grateful. Building relationships both near and far will directly impact and further our mission and vision of “educating students to become contributing and respected members and leaders of their communities and the world.” It is through these vast connections that we are able to provide enriching experiences and resources to our students and families, to enhance their preparedness for life after graduation. Staff members also benefit through these unique opportunities of co-collaboration.
PSD welcomes and truly values the thoughts and interests of organizations that wish to connect with us and become a member of our community. Reach out today!
PSD strives to make the larger community around our campus DEAF AWARE! Our Community Outreach office does this daily by answering telephone, email, or letter requests for information about deafness, Deaf Culture, and sign language. We often attend community related events which support our school’s mission and vision. We actively seek out new and creative ways to promote our students and school program.
Through our many connections with city and state entities as well as our local businesses and neighbors, we steadily bridge the gap between hearing and Deaf worlds. These efforts not only benefit our students but also the community as a whole.
PSD is pleased to offer the following services upon request:
- Speech & Language Assessment and/or Therapy
- Independent Psycho-Educational Evaluation (for children)
- Itinerant Services (hearing support for Deaf/Hard of Hearing children in other programs)
- Early intervention Services through our First Conversations Program, including consultation to programs for children with cochlear implants
- Parent Support Group, for hearing parents with young Deaf children and Deaf parents with young hearing children