PSD is one big family. We care about our staff and take care of their needs, so they can focus on making a difference in the lives of our students. We take pride in our shared language and Deaf culture and cultivate a positive atmosphere for everyone on campus. We encourage our teams to have fun while working together. We provide access to innovative technology so staff can utilize an abundance of resources for additional support. To help you grow professionally, we offer mentorship and multiple professional development sessions per month. And to create growth opportunities, we love to promote from within.
We offer our staff with great benefits:
- Benefits begin the 1st of the month following hire date
- Health, Vision and Rx combined insurance plans starting at $10.00 per pay for employee only coverage
- Health and Dependent Care Flex Plan
- Dental coverage at no cost for employee
- Free ancillary benefits: Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability
- PSERS Pension Plan
- 15 PTO Days
- Vacation Days (12 month only)
- Paid Jury Duty and Bereavement Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PSD is a non-profit and will meet criteria for student loan forgiveness programs
Create a login, answer a few quick questions, upload your resume and then you’re done.
Interested in working at the PSD cafeteria or the custodial services? These are contracted out through Aramark and Culinart. Please go directly to these contractor sites for any available positions and apply directly with them.
Pennsylvania law requires all positions working with children to successfully complete three clearances. Here are the links to each of the agency websites:
FBI Fingerprint Clearance Application/Procedures (use code 1KG6TR)
The Pennsylvania School for the Deaf is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.